When do I need a tax attorney or a tax lawyer?
You may need a tax attorney or a tax lawyer if:
- You have committed tax fraud, also known as tax evasion;
- The IRS has served a summons on your bank to produce tax records or other documents;
- You have a tax problem including a tax audit by the IRS, or a tax audit by the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB), California Employment Development Department (EDD), or the California Board of Equalization (SBE or BOE);
- You have a large tax debt due to the Internal Revenue Service, and you are interested in obtaining tax debt relief such as an offer in compromise (OIC), or perhaps an installment agreement;
- You have unreported offshore bank accounts, or other foreign financial accounts;
- You haven't filed foreign bank account reports (FBARs) with the IRS;
- You are planning a major financial transaction such as buying or selling a business;
- The IRS or EDD claims that your workers are employees, and not independent contractors; or
- You have any type of major tax problem.
Thank you for your good work in resolving my innocent spouse case. I will be forever grateful!
It is a pleasure to send you this check...knowing I have friends like you who are there to help!
Words can not express my appreciation. YOU DID IT!!!! I have dealt with and paid multiple people to resolve my tax problems, however you were the only one who was successful...
I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help and insight. Thanks to you my kids and I might have some financial future and even a Christmas without fear.
Thank you for the FBAR reminder. I won't forget! -- How can I forget? ...! I also thank you for guiding me [in] making the right decision and putting the horrible time all behind!!!!