If you were able to attend the webinar, "Big Changes to IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) for FBAR non-Filers," I hope you found it informative.
If you were unable to attend, a recording of the webinar and the PowerPoint can be found on the Brager Tax Law Group website. To access the webinar, click on the link below or copy and paste the URL into your browser:
In this webinar, I discussed the massive changes to the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP). These include:
1. The Streamlined Program for U.S. persons living overseas, as well as those living in the United States
2. The pitfalls for taxpayers, and their advisors, who certify under penalties that their failure to file FBARs was non-willful including potential Circular 230 violations
3. The "transitional program" available to those taxpayers who had previously applied to the 2012 OVDP
4. The elimination of the FAQ 18 safe harbor for non-filers of various offshore reporting forms, including Forms 3520 and 5471
5. The impact of the Zwerner 150% penalty case
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.